Friday, May 4, 2012

ASPARAGUS

Take advantage of the season!! Eat Asparagus!!
Be sure to wash it several times, the heads can be sandy.




I never boil asparagus! It makes it just too mushy. I always saute most all of my vegetables in extra virgin olive oil. (EVOO)


Sauteing vegetables brings out the color and flavor in them. Always remove them from the heat before they are done. They will continue to cook a bit off the heat and then they will be perfect. 


I love my asparagus (all natural)
just sauteed, with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Plain and Simple!!


Well...if you want to go all the way, add some fried morels into the asparagus. Mmmmmm!

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered coconut oil recently and all the health benefits associated with it. I heard it is better to use than olive oil when baking or sautéing. Do you use coconut oil at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura-
      I have recently heard of the benefits of coconut oil too. I read something about helping with alzheimers. I do have some but have only used it for homemade granola. I should get it out and keep it by my stove to remind me when I reach for the olive oil and use coconut oil instead. Thanks!

      Delete