Wednesday, May 30, 2012

COUS COUS

Cous Cous makes a perfect light salad in the summer. Its extremely easy to make. The key is to let the dried cous cous steam in a bowl with hot water. Do not boil on the stove or you will end up with your breakfast cereal for the next morning. (sounds like I know what I am talking about) 


Follow the directions on the package.
I use about 1/2 lb of cous cous per salad.
We like the World Market Cous Cous.




Prepare chopped Roma tomatoes and cucumbers while the cous cous is steaming.
Chop fresh parsley and 2 garlic cloves.
Set aside while the cous cous cools.
Can't wait to make this again but using my cukes and tomatoes from my garden instead of store bought.




When cous cous is cooled, add fresh veggies
1/2 cup lemon juice and mix.
Grow your own herbs. They will come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment