Sunday, May 20, 2012

VEGGIE PIZZA INDIVIDUAL BITES

Last night I got my oven fixed. The bottom bake element went out this winter and I have not been able to bake for several months. I bought the element off Ebay for $42. I thought that was a good deal with free shipping. It was very easy to replace and I saved a service call of $60. 




We are celebrating my nephews marriage today. He got married in March and because it was out of state, many people could not go.  I am making  cold veggie pizza a different way. Instead of spreading the croissant crust on a sheet pan, I cut it up, rolled it out and put the little squares into my mini muffin pan. They only need to bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Please keep a close eye on them. They can burn quickly.


After they have cooled, pipe (piping bag) the cream cheese mixture which I made of cream cheese or non dairy cream cheese. fresh chives (from my garden) and a dill/cucumber dip mix I had. Hidden Valley Ranch dry package dip mix will work too. I love to add fresh herbs in the mixture since it makes it look pretty. Fresh basil would be good too.


Shredd and dice your veggies small.


Cover and Refrigerate until time to serve.
Immediately, while the dip is soft, add shredded carrot, diced broccoli, diced cucumbers, diced tomato (without the seeds). Try and add colorful veggies. Diced red, yellow, or orange bell peppers will look nice too. Make sure the veggies are small. 


Cover and chill. You can add finely shredded cheese right before you serve them.


Now when I say "Don't make me bake", I really mean it! I cannot seem to have a baking recipe turn out half the time. Even though I have my oven fixed I am looking forward to baking some casseroles, maybe some homemade bread, even a box mix of brownies. The baker in our family is my sister Gail. She was the pastry chef at a 4 star restaurant back in the day when I worked with her. She was also the kitchen manager for several years at Bravo Restaurant. Here is a cake she made today for our nephew and his new wife. It was a very moist marble cake with delicious frosting. 
The party turned out really nice and as usual, we had too much food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment