Wednesday, May 30, 2012

PIZZA DOUGH

A little of everything. That's my kind of pizza.


Homemade pizza dough is one of our special treats. We have tried lots of different recipes for pizza dough. This is one of my favorites. If you don't have time to make your own dough, the frozen dough balls at Meijer by the frozen juice section are really good for a buck a piece.
1 TBSP Dry yeast
1/2 tsp sugar
2 2/3 cups warm water
2 TBSP Olive oil
7 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 TBSP Coarse salt 
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp crushed fennel seeds (basil, oregano or Italian seasoning can be substituted) 
I love Instagram photography

I am a big FOODY! I love food photography! One time while on a weekend get away, we were eating in a fine restaurant. One of my boys ordered an amazing pasta dish. When it was served to our table I had to get a picture of it before he ate it. He leaned down to have his face in the picture not knowing the bowl just came out of a hot oven. As he leaned in for the shot, he burnt his neck on the side of the giant bowl. It was so bad we had to call paramedics to come take a look at it. They were really nice and bandaged it and our entire meal was paid for. We even got 5 desserts sent up to our room because the server felt so bad. Ooops!! My Bad!!


I use my mortar to crush large dried herbs and seeds
EVOO 
Mix Yeast, warm water and sugar until dissolved.
Add herbs (any fresh or dried herbs would be good.
add oil, salt, and flour a cup at a time.
Mix with a fork until it is too thick. Use your hands to knead the dough until all flour is mixed in and it is not sticky.


Oil bowl and let rise for an hour.

What you do with it after that is up to you. 
Half this and half that








No comments:

Post a Comment